Procedure for dealing with children & juvenile labor
To meet the requirement of SA 8000:2001 standard and the guide about how to deal with situation of children and juvenile labor in the company.
This procedure applies to the children and juvenile labor working in the company, office or in the garment factory’s area.
3.1. Children labor is the under 15 year old employee.
3.2. Juvenile labor is the not yet enough 18 year old employee.
3.3. The discoverer is the related division or personnel inside or outside the company who discovers any case of children or juvenile labor.
3.4. Suitable work to children or juvenile is the work that doesn’t have any impact on their physical development, not dangerous and the total time of working and studying is no more than 10 hours a day or 42 hours a week.
3.5. The children ’s family representative: parents, grandparents, brothers or sisters, uncle and aunt or the conservator.
– Children labor: LDTE
– Juvenile labor: LDCTN
– Administrative Department: TCHC
– Staffs: CBCNV
The company forbids all the staffs to participate in or approve the use of children & juvenile labor in the company. If any case is found, do as the following procedure:
4.1. When discover the use of children & Juvenile labor, the Discoverer must report to the Administrative Department the name and department where the child is working in.
4.2. The Administrative Department has responsibility to cooperate with other related departments and employees to check the true age of the suspected. This check will base on methods such as direct interview with the employee, check the ID card or citizen record, birth certificate or even ask for help from the employee’s hometown. In addition, also check the education level, temporary place and the office where that employee is working in.
4.3. When find out about the true age, the Administrative Department informs the suspected and other people (if concern) and make a report to the board representative to carry out corrective actions as follows:
AS FOR CHILDREN LABOR:
– The Administrative Department discusses with the chief of the office where that employee is working in to assign him (her) a suitable job in the waiting-to-negotiate period. This period is normally no more than 3 weeks.
– The personnel manager will discuss with the child’s family representative about sending the child to school. The company will pay for the tuition, book….. The family representative must guarantee that he (or she) will go to school.
– Each quarter, the company will contact the family and school to update the inspecting sheet. As for health status, it will be updated every 6 months
– When the child is enough 15 years old, the company will invite the child to work in the company. If he (or she) doesn’t agree, then the relation between him and the company ends. If agree, then applies the procedure for juvenile labor. The period that the child works for the company will be reserved for later regimes (such as social insurance, working seniority, compensation….) as regulated by the company.
AS FOR JUVENILE LABOR:
– The head of Administrative Department must discuss with the chief of the office where that employee is working in to assign him (or her) a suitable job.
– When the employee is enough 18 years old, the Administrative Department will remove the name of that employee out of the list of juvenile labor and inform the concerning parties, then update the inspecting sheet and make a record.
– The period that the juvenile employee work for the company will be reserved for later regimes (such as social insurance, working seniority, compensation….) as regulated by the company.
– The Administrative Department has responsibility to inspect that employee and update the inspecting sheet of juvenile labor (No : 0006)
5. REFERENCE DOCUMENT:
– List of children labor: (No: 0003)
– List of juvenile labor: (No: 0004)
– Children labor inspecting sheet: (No: 0005)
– Juvenile labor inspecting sheet: (No: 0006)