Training procedure of social responsibilities
To ensure that the whole staffs are trained about Social Duty, especially about safety at work, know how to deal with problems at work and to meet the requirement of SA 8000:2001 standard.
This procedure applies to new recruitment, transferred employee; change in technology or to sudden case as regulated by government, requested by concerned parties or by the departments in the company. This procedure is carried out periodically once a year.
3.1. The terms used in the procedure are mentioned in SA 8000:2001 standard.
3.2. Training curriculum are documents used in training the staff about Social Duty. These documents are approved by the board representative of social duty before being used.
– The company staff.
– Fire protection and prevention
– Administrative Department.
4.1. Procedure for training about social duty:
– New demand for social duty training: The specific departments relating to social duty training have responsibility to make a training plan including: assign the trainer, training time, training curriculum, trainees, number of trainee. The training team will take responsibility to carry out the training contents efficiently, properly and timely. List of trainees is made as form No: 0129
– Carry out the training plan: Make a list of trainees: Full name, subject for training, test, training time, evaluation result. Evaluated method is interviewing, by test or practice or by comment from the trainer or the department where the trainee is working in.
– End the training session: The person in charge will evaluate the training progress and give the result, commend on the training list as form of official trained employees.
– Evaluate the training session: After 5 months max, the evaluator will re-evaluate by interviewing, practice or getting information from departments. If the trainee doesn’t meet the training goals then repeat the training process as above.
4.2. Training about First Aid.
– This training course is carried out twice a year, 2 days each.
– The company periodically provides the employees with basic knowledge on first aid once a year.
4.3. Training about fire protection and prevention
– The fire protection team is trained periodically twice a year, carried out directly by them or by fire protection force invited from the city.
– The general training is carried out twice a year.
– The training program and method are presented to the General Director for approval before applying.
4.4. Training about the use of machine and safety at work.
– The work safety and working equipment team is responsible for instructing about how to use machine in a safe way, about safety at work. This training is periodically carried out once a year for new or transferred employees.
– As for machines that may cause danger to employees, operation guide as regulated by Quality management system must be accompanied.
4.5. Training curriculum and content include:
– Document about first aid.
– Document about fire protection and prevention.
– Document about machine operation.
– Working rules.
– Standard SA 8000:2001
– Social Duty management system
– The main points of Labor laws
– The main points of Labor Union Laws.
– Government and company’s regulation about Labor safety and Hygiene, Exit plan, responding to urgent situations plan.
These documents must be approved as in the procedure for maintaining documents before being used as training curriculum.
If the training is carried out by outside organizations, the documents will be provided by them. Certificate or diploma from training place is the proof of training. The company training manager makes copies of all related certificate, keep them with the employee’s record.
5. REFERENCE DOCUMENT:
– Regulation about labor safety and hygiene.
– Working rules.
– Inner training curriculum.
– List of employees that need training. No: 0030