ISO 9001 document control
I. What is ISO 9001 document control?
Control of documents in ISO 9001
The quality management system requires for procedure of document control. Records are a special type of document and shall be controlled in compliance with requirements in clause 4.2.4
The document control procedure shall be set up for the following purposes:
1. To approve documents for adequacy prior to issue.
2. To check and update new document files and reapprove as necessary.
3. To ensure the current revision or change state of documents to be identified.
4. To make relevant versions of appropriate documents in assurance of points of use.
5. To remain documents in comprehension, identification and system.
6. To ensure external original documents of the company to be controlled in compliance with the quality management system.
7. To avoid unintended use of outdated documents. To put them into application of suitable identification if they keep using value.
II. Records system of ISO 9001 document control
The company may apply the following steps of document control so that it achieves ISO 9001 certificate.
1. Make folders for containing documents.
2. Make sub-folders for managing relevant documents to different purposes of company operation.
3. Periodically carry out checking the sub-folders.
4. Then label on right corner of all documents in main folders and sub-folders.
5. User needs to check and review all folders every 3 months.
6. Info Router sent out automatic reminders by the defined reminder date to alert the user to an upcoming (required) review of a set of documents.
7. Base on the defined timeline to review such documents.
8. It is unnecessary task to review them usually.